Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Weekend Struggle

I love the weekend. I mean, I LOVE the weekend!!! I love not being at work, not having to do anything I don't want to do. I love catching up on chores around the house, and I love getting to relax with my handsome fiance!

However, I do NOT love the temptations the weekends bring. Monday through Friday I have everything planned out for me. I eat my prepped meals, and I have dinner planned, and everything I make for dinner can be adjusted to my low-carb diet and for Aaron to still enjoy what he's eating. On the weekends though, all of my planning seems to just float out the window.

Me, basically.
I make a lot of excuses. Most of the excuses I come up with have a lot of plot holes, though. I can't eat my egg cups because I don't have a microwave at home....why don't you make fresh ones? Or just make some bacon and eggs? At lunch time, we're out doing stuff so we pick something up...why not order a salad or get a burger with no bun? At dinner....it's Friday/Saturday/Sunday! I deserve a cheat meal! Uhhh, hello?!? You've been cheating all weekend!!!!!! 

I really make myself mad sometimes. I've been trying harder though! Lifestyle changes are not easy. Slip-ups are inevitable, but I have to be mindful of my goals at all times. I really should just tattoo "GOALS" on the backs of my hands so that when I reach for that slice of pizza, I remember that I should probably reconsider my choices. 

I've gotta take it one meal at a time. 

I'm a work in progress! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment